Most of us have several different face & body care products in our bathroom shelves -…
Waxing is a very effective way to remove unwanted hair since it’s a long-lasting, quick and affordable treatment that is suitable for all body areas and leaves your skin soft and smooth. We know waxing is not always painless but there are a few secrets to keep pain to a minimum and get the best results.
Whether it’s your first wax at The Hampton Spa or first wax at all, here are a few things to help you prepare for a successful waxing session:
- Let your hair grow. If your hair is too short, the wax will be sticking to your skin instead and you won’t get complete hair removal.
- Don’t let it grow too long, since longer hair can be more difficult to remove and therefore more painful. While a lot of people go 6 weeks between waxing sessions, you’ll get best results coming every 3–4 weeks.
- If you’re coming for a facial wax, avoid sensitising active ingredients such as acids and retinoids at least one week before your appointment. If in doubt, ask us beforehand.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate. Dead skin cells can make it hard for body hair to break through the skin surface, increasing the risk of ingrown hairs.
- Make sure to let your beauty therapist know about any skin allergies or if you have ever had any problems with waxing in the past.
- Allow 24 hours after waxing before booking a spray tan or sunbed.
- Wait 24 hours before using any deodorant, moisturisers, products containing alcohol or to exfoliate your skin.
And, most importantly, always tell us if you are shy or feel more comfortable with certain techniques. There is no right or wrong in waxing, just what is best for you!